Version as of October 1st, 2021
The protection of your data privacy is essential for us. Therefore, we undertake to collect only data that we need in order to provide you with best in class services, ensure confidentiality and security of all your Data and facilitate the exercise of your rights upon your Data.
This Policy is intended to provide you with all the relevant information about the processing of your Data that may be collected on the website or the application (together “the Website”) by Shipup (“us” “our”) or any affiliated company (together “the Shipup Group”) in compliance with the GDPR and the “ Informatique et Libertés” law n°78-17 (for the needs of this Policy, the persons who will access the Website will be referred to as “you” and “your”). This Policy also describes your rights in relation to Data protection.
1. Who is the data controller in charge of the processing your Personal Data ?
Under the European Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679 (“GDPR”), Shipup, a French law simplified joint stock company (SAS), having its registered office in 47 rue Marcel Dassault 92100 BOULOGNE-BILLANCOURT, registered under number 822 856 068 with the Nanterre Trade and Compnay Register, is the data controller (“ the Controller”) in relation to the processing of your personal data (“Personal Data” or “Data”) described and identified as such in article 2 of this security policy (the “Policy”).
2. What types of Datas do we process ?
In order to carry out the purposes of processing described in this Policy, we collect and process the following Data:
- Data relating to the civil status (when you fill out a contact form) : first and last names, email address, telephone number, enterprise, job
- Data relating to your Website connexion : IP address, Data linked to your subscription and connexion to the application : first and last names, email address, enterprise.
3. What are the sources of Data collection ?
We collect your Data when you log in to our Website and/or when you fill out a contact form.
4. What are the purposes and legal basis of your Data processing ?
Purposes and legal basis of the processing are following :
5. For how long do we keep your Data ?
Your personal Data will be kept for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
Some personal Data, like billing information will be retained for a period of time in compliance with tax or coporate obligations.
Personal Data required to establish, exercise or defend judicial rights can be kept for as long as necessary for this purpose. Some Personal Data can be retained to comply with applicable legislation.
If your account is suppressed or without any connexion to your account for a period of 3 years, we will delete your Personal Data from our systems and/or, we will take steps to make them anonymous so that you can no longer be identified (with the exemption of Personal Data which must be kept or retained for a longer period as mentioned above).
6. To whom do we transfer your Data ?
For the purposes described in this Policy, we will transfer your Data to the following recipients :
- Shipup's consultants such as our legal advisors established in France and assisting us in managing claims and litigation;
- Governemental entities, if the law requires it or, if it protects our legitimate interests in accordance with existing laws;
- Potential or actual purchasers of Shipup’s assets or activities;
- Shipup may transfer Data within Shipup’s Group. We may also be required to share Data to other service providers in order to organize and improve the performance of our services, such as financial service providers, our maintenance and hosting service providers, our CRM service provider or our web analytics tool;
- Therefore, Data may be transferred to service providers outside the European Economic Area. In such case, we will ensure that this transfer is subject to a protection mechanism in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation such as the standard contractual clauses as established by the European Commission.
7. What are your rights with respect to our Data processing ? How can you exercise them ?
You may exercise the following rights under the GDPR and other applicable data protection laws :
- Request a copy of and receive information on your Personal Data we process;
- Request rectification and update of your Personal Data if it is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous or out of date;
- Request erasure of your Personal Data ("right to be forgotten");
- Request a restriction of the processing of your Personal Data;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data for reasons relating to your specific situation;
- Object at any time to the processing of your Data for commercial prospection purposes (by clicking on the corresponding link in a commercial prospection email or by contacting Shipup, using contact information mentioned below);
- When your are a French resident, to define guidelines relating to retention, deletion and communication of your Data after your death. These guidelines can be general or specific. General guidelines relate to all of your Datas and can be registered with a trusted digital third party certified by the Commission Nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL). Specific guidelines are only related to the processing of Data as mentioned in these guidelines.These are registered with us for the processing that we carry out. You can amend or revoke them at any time;
- Request portability of your Personal Data by requering to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of the Personal Data you have provided to us or by requesting us to transfer that Personal Data to another data controller;
- Lodge a complaint before the CNIL or any other competent supervisory authority, if you think that one or more of our data processing procedures is violating the GDPR or another applicable data protection law.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using one of the following options :
To contact Shipup :
- Send an email to Shipup at the following address email@example.com;
- Write to Shipup at the following address : 47 rue MARCEL DASSAULT, 92100 BOULOGNE BILLANCOURT.Vous pouvez également nous contacter, en utilisant l'une des options mentionnées ci-dessus, si vous avez la moindre question ou requête relative à nos traitements de Données.
8. Update of the Policy
You can find out when the Policy was last updated, by referring to the mention “Version as of” at the top of the page of the Policy accessible on the Website.
9. Clients Datas
We inform you that when we process the personal datas of your customers as part of our services, we act as a processor as defined by the GDPR.
In this respect, we ensure that the processing of your Data complies with the applicable regulatory provisions and, in particular, those of Article 28 of the GDPR.